Thursday, January 12, 2017

Trying To Keep Up


Sometimes i feel like that man in the photo. Where things seem like they're going by way too quickly. It's almost a blur. I find it really hard to keep up with life sometimes. I try so hard to remind myself to always stop and enjoy what's going on in the moment. But that doesn't stop the thought of the many things that's going on in the future. Who can? No one really. I guess for me the future is kind of scary because i know that when i get there, ill be deeply missing the moments i have right now.


Everyone has such different paths in life, and here i am not even knowing what tomorrow will bring. Everyone after high school had a plan. And the last 6 months of grade twelve was all post secondary talk. Me? I was not a part of those conversations because i hadn't decided on anything. Do i regret not going to college right after high school? No. Most people feel that continuing your education is the better way to go. And maybe that's true for them. But for me, i know i made the right choice. Sure i could have applied for something and gone to college, but chances are it was something i might have ended up hating, or that i didn't have any passion for. Money is one thing in life, but for me, my happiness is more important. School will always be there. My life plan was too take it day by day and get real life work experience. By me going out and working different jobs first, I'm learning what my likes and dislikes are. For me id much rather learn about myself, and find what it is i could see myself doing forever before i put myself in a hole of debt. Have i found that particular job yet? No, but that's okay. I'm taking my time with something that is so important in my life. 


All i see in my news feed lately is who's married to who, and everyone posting pictures of their babies. For me, the closest thing i have to babies are Snoopy and Bella. And i would like to keep it that way. I thought being in your 20's was about finding yourself and finding your path in life. Not committing to something as big as marriage and seeing how many kids you can have by the time your 30. Call me crazy, but that seems like a bit much. Don't get me wrong, i have those same goals for my life. But why is everyone in such a rush? You only get to live once, why not make the most of it.

I just don't want to rush my life. What ever happens, will happen. I just want to focus on my current happiness and not where ill be in a few years. I need to take care of myself before i can commit to such a big change in my life. You don't really hear people saying "good job on your full time job, and paying all your bills, and not going out and getting pregnant." Some days it feels like if i didn't go back to school, or plan on getting married right away, or have kids, that i'm wasting my life. Sometimes the hardest struggle is to stand up for myself and be proud of what i have accomplished, and know I'm on the right path for me.

Why can't we all, just slow down?

- XoXo Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment