Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Town Hunting

So you always see blogs or post's with pictures from big cities like New York. But what about the little guys? The one's in between your travels to get to those big cities. On the weekend i went for a day trip to Drumheller with my boyfriend. We decided to stop along the way to check out the small towns! They actually had some really unique things to offer, take a look!


The first town we stopped in was Munson. This was a very small town, with no shops. Only houses. But i still found a couple things that caught my eye. One of them was this neat telephone pole.


I thought this was really cute! Where else can you say that you've seen a telephone pole with bird houses on it?! This was very unique! I also saw something else that caught my eye a bit further down the road...


This church! There's just something about abandon building's that gets you thinking. Most people think theyre creepy, which yes, they kinda give me goosebumps too. But what about the story behind it? What was it like when it was running? Why isn't it being used anymore? Those are some of the thoughts that went through my head looking at this old church. I bet those stained glass windows shine through the sunlight!

The Next town we stopped in was Morrin.


Morrin was a bit bigger then Munson as it had some shops and this really old Motel!


I love the rustic feel of this Motel. Gives it such character. Not sure I'd be able to spend the night here, you never know, you might be rooming with Casper.

Another neat thing to see in this town though is a sod house!


This was my first time seeing an actual sod house! I remember doing a project on making one in elementary, but i must say mine looked nothing like this.

But as you can see, there are lots of hidden gems in these little towns that people usually drive by. So next time your travelling to a bigger destination, maybe stop at one of the towns along the way. You never know what you might find!


No comments:

Post a Comment